Comments: Women Bishops - diocesan debate - 17 October

Well things have clearly changed since the days of +Graham Leonard!!

Posted by Perry Butler at Tuesday, 18 October 2011 at 10:12am BST

"Well things have clearly changed since the days of +Graham Leonard!!' - Perry Butler -

Yes, Perry, in his former Church of England situation - but not in his later adopted Church family, amongst the R.C.s. Perhaps the good bishop is now better informed.

Posted by Father Ron Smith at Wednesday, 19 October 2011 at 9:58pm BST

Mgr Graham Leonard died in January 2010.

Posted by Simon Sarmiento at Thursday, 20 October 2011 at 7:58am BST

That's precisely what I meant, Simon. He may now be in possession of the answer to the 'problem'.

Posted by Father Ron Smith at Thursday, 20 October 2011 at 10:20am BST

An Episcopal priest I know who has a cure in the C of E told me about being on a flight next to an older man wearing clericals (as was my friend) -- "Are you are clergyman?" inquired the older gentleman. "Yes, I'm an Anglican priest," responded my friend. The older man replied, "I used to be an Anglican clergyman, but then I became a Roman Catholic priest." "Oh," said my friend, "you did a Graham Leonard!" With a somewhat distressed look on his face the man replied, "I am Graham Leonard." It must have seemed a very long flight ...

Posted by Prior Aelred at Thursday, 20 October 2011 at 9:17pm BST

It would have been a long journey anyway, Aelred. He had no smalltalk whatsoever.

Posted by Nugent Noags at Friday, 21 October 2011 at 2:17pm BST