Comments: Anglican Covenant: Manchester Diocesan Synod

Although not a formal vote, here are the comments from the discussion at the Diocesan Synod of Glasgow and Galloway in the Scottish Episcopal Church. It's hard to find a supportive or positive statement among the comments.

Posted by Kennedy Fraser at Saturday, 31 March 2012 at 1:12pm BST

I've not double-checked the spreadsheet - but it looks as if the overall number voting against has now overtaken those voting for the covenant. Some seem to feel that the overall figure is significant.

Posted by Ray at Saturday, 31 March 2012 at 8:15pm BST

Looking over the overall numbers, has anyone an explanation for the extraordinary results in Derby?

Not only did the bishop vote no to the covernant, but only one priest and only two lay members voted yes (possibly one lay member and two priests -- my memory is a bit hazy).

And has anyone got a list of the bishops who voted no -- which diocesans and which suffragans?

Posted by John Holding at Saturday, 31 March 2012 at 11:19pm BST

It does NOT always rain in Manchester - at least, not on this parade. Deo gratias!

Posted by Father Ron Smith at Sunday, 1 April 2012 at 1:23am BST

@Ray: Correct. Overall voting against is now ahead of votes for. Details here:

Posted by Alan T Perry at Sunday, 1 April 2012 at 2:03am BST

Peter, unless there has been a change of date that I haven't been told of yet, I have S&N diocesan synod in my diary for Saturday, 21 April rather than Thursday, 12th.

I'm just back from holiday, so I'll contact the diocesan office tomorrow to check.

Posted by RPNewark at Sunday, 1 April 2012 at 2:24pm BST

RPNewark

I am sure you are correct, particularly as the S&N diocesan website gives the date as 21 April. I have corrected the date above.

I originally took the date from a secondary source.

Posted by Peter Owen at Sunday, 1 April 2012 at 3:59pm BST