Comments: Justin Welby interview

Just another instance of the endemic humility of the man. Bless him, may he help the Church of England to come into the 21st century in league with her more liberal counterparts in the Anglican Communion

Posted by Father Ron Smith at Friday, 1 February 2013 at 7:21am GMT

Yes, I am sure his humility led him to tell this.

But, he will, I am afraid, find that such honesty will give hostage to fortune.

I can already see quotes, from the usual subjects, in a year (maybe less!) giving unqualified support to his view that the appointment was absurd.

Posted by Martin Reynolds at Friday, 1 February 2013 at 8:54am GMT

Since I am hearing-impaired, and I found the sound quality of the video and audio very poor, I did not listen to or watch the entire interview. I'd like to know if there is a link to a transcript.

Posted by June Butler at Friday, 1 February 2013 at 8:28pm GMT

June, I have made enquiry of Trent Vineyard and will report the result.

Posted by RPNewark at Saturday, 2 February 2013 at 3:52pm GMT

RPNewark, thank you.

Posted by June Butler at Saturday, 2 February 2013 at 10:57pm GMT

I can no longer find the interview. Has it disappeared from the Web?

Posted by Lionel Deimel at Monday, 4 February 2013 at 7:09pm GMT

It's still there, Lionel, at the moment it is the top item in the middle column....

Posted by Simon Sarmiento at Monday, 4 February 2013 at 10:29pm GMT

You're not going mad, Lionel: for a time last night it was going straight form Parables 1 to Parables 2: I know, was seeking it out for my mother.

Posted by Jonathan Whiteland at Tuesday, 5 February 2013 at 8:14am GMT