Comments: Update on Peshawar casualties

Awful Wish i could embrace them - or do something real that would help...

Posted by Rev'd Laurence Roberts at Tuesday, 1 October 2013 at 4:43pm BST

Lord have mercy.
Christ have mercy.
Allah have mercy.

Who is collecting funds to help them? [Who in the UK, who in the US, Canada, etc?]

Posted by JCF at Tuesday, 1 October 2013 at 9:06pm BST

In the USA, see here

Posted by Simon Sarmiento at Tuesday, 1 October 2013 at 10:27pm BST

I searched on Guidestar to learn about the charity on Simon's link. It is the British Schools and Universities Foundation, here in the US. It looks like a fine organization, but it's specialty is scholarships and gifts to schools.

JCF, have you looked into ERD? Episcopal Relief & Development? They partnered with a charitable organization on the ground in Pakistan when they had the earthquake. The ERD website Press Release says that they are reaching out to see how to help, but so far, I see no follow up. They are an outstanding domestic and international charity.

I would think that it's best to give money to orgs that have a specialty, and contacts, in country. BSUF might have those contacts, but they really, really, need to include that information in their appeal.

Posted by Cynthia at Wednesday, 2 October 2013 at 6:19pm BST

Cynthia, I've been looking for a way of donating too, and it looks as if the BSUF, despite its general-sounding title, links directly for this purposes to Edwardes College, Peshawar (http://www.edwardes.edu.pk) which is certainly running a specific appeal.

Posted by Francis at Wednesday, 2 October 2013 at 7:56pm BST

I'm seeing how one can support Edwardes College. And I'm seeing that the community of Edwardes College were highly impacted by the bombing, losing students, faculty, alumni, and their family members. I'm not seeing the appeal that supports the victims and families of All Saints', though I read an announcement of an appeal to help those victims in the Edwardes College community.

It looks like a fine cause. I'm looking for something broader, ideally through the Diocese. If anyone knows of such an appeal, please post it. Thank you in advance.

Posted by Cynthia at Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 12:42am BST