Comments: Suffragan Bishop of Dudley: Graham Barham Usher

Usher stands to become the youngest of the current batch of bishops. Possibly also the first born in the 1970s?

Posted by Dan BD at Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 2:37pm GMT

Looks a good appointment, although I don't know him. He is definitely the youngest bishop. Indeed there are few suffragans who were born in the 1960s, quite apart from the 1970s. The next youngest is, I believe, +Kensington who was born in 1968, and he was even younger at consecration, being only 41 or so. Those who are preferred for episcopal office young need mentoring and support. It is too easy to leave them doing what they are doing. They represent the future leaders of the Church of England.

Posted by Anthony Archer at Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 5:34pm GMT

I began to worry when policemen looked younger but when bishops begin to look like school boys then I'm seriously concerned. The next Bishop of Dudley born in the 1970s? I was ordained in the 1970s. I send greetings and prayers to the Boy Bishop of Dudley.

Posted by Father David at Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 7:19pm GMT

I'm intrigued about what a "Lecturer of Hexham" lectures about!

Posted by Gavin Drake at Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 7:27pm GMT

A lecturer is a historic and almost defunct title for an assistant priest who drew a stipend but wasn't Incumbent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecturer#Ecclesiastical_usage

Posted by John Penman at Friday, 13 December 2013 at 12:53pm GMT

Boston parish church ( The Stump ) had a Lecturer (senior curate) whose role was to preach three Protestant sermons each year.

Posted by Father David at Friday, 13 December 2013 at 6:57pm GMT