Comments: Understanding Good Friday

Can I say how much I, and I am sure many others, appreciate these writings. The fact that there are few or no comments in no way indicates that us TA readers and contributors are obsessed by only one subject. Thank you.

Posted by Richard Ashby at Friday, 18 April 2014 at 4:11pm BST

I'd like to second Richard's Comment, if I may. It's a real tonic to have such splendidly thoughtful spiritual essays. Thank you T A for their inclusion.

Posted by Father David at Friday, 18 April 2014 at 7:12pm BST

And I third these comments.
Whatever we disagree about here, however passionately, we are all here because our faith and its mysteries matter so much to us.

Thank you, editors, for that much needed counterbalance that brings us all together again. And for your consistently outstanding choice of contributors to these spiritual sections.

Posted by Erika Baker at Friday, 18 April 2014 at 9:37pm BST

I also agree with Richard's comment. Our preacher's Good Friday sermon was pretty much about Ferdinand's final sentence.

Posted by Pam at Friday, 18 April 2014 at 11:07pm BST

However if it were Justin Welby he would say we can't speak about against these abuses because the Germans wouldn't like it and we mustn't upset them. Have we elected a mouse to the see of Canterbury?

Posted by Chris A at Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 12:11am BST

May I also vote in favour of Erika's comment?
Looks like Peace has broken out in time for Easter, as indeed it should; for didn't Our Blessed Lord say in the Upper Room at the very first Easter - "Peace Be With You"?

Posted by Father David at Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 5:29am BST

Fourth them. The rawness of basics such as these without sophistry... true Anglican.

Posted by Randal Oulton at Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 5:31am BST

Amen. Peace be with you all.

Posted by Alastair Newman at Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 9:49am BST

No Chris, Welby wouldn't say that, as I suspect you well know. A sad and superficial response.

Posted by helen at Monday, 21 April 2014 at 11:21pm BST