Comments: Everyone Counts 2014

So disability makes it into a questionnaire on diversity in 2014 where it didn't in 2007. That's progress, I suppose.

But guess what is completely unmentioned in the "Celebrating Diversity in the Church of England", and which therefore will not be surveyed. Yup.

Everyone does not count. Not yet. An opportunity missed.

Posted by Jeremy Pemberton at Monday, 1 September 2014 at 10:16pm BST

I do hope that nobody is injured squeezing round the elephant they are all ignoring.

'Celebrating Diversity' indeed! What a joke.

Posted by Laurence Cunnington at Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 6:16pm BST

It's not a joke, even if they ignore us, any attempt to get a better understanding of the actual state of the church is welcome, as far as I'm concerned, even if it falls short. Disappointing as it may be.

Posted by Lorenzo Fernandez-Vicente at Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 6:51pm BST

Wholeheartedly agree with Jeremy and Laurence. Either 'these people' have cloth ears or 'celebrating diversity' is almost a sneer. I do despise them,

John Moles.

Posted by John at Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 7:57pm BST

Well they can count me out as a disabled (two hearing aids) trans woman, I have tragically left the Anglican church, taken my little trunk elsewhere.

Posted by clairejxx at Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 6:27am BST

They still don't get it, do they? It makes me despair of any progress within the CofE when a flagship survey ignores the most pressing issue of the day. People who bury their heads in the sand deserve all the kicking they will get.

Posted by Richard Ashby at Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 7:59pm BST

Before I get shot down in flames for suggesting that lgbt equality is the most pressing issue of the day I should make it plain that I am refering solely to the CofE diversity questionnaire and not to the appalling things happening in the wider world.

Posted by Richard Ashby at Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 8:53am BST

I understand Lorenzo's practicality ..... But, it's really not good enough that we are relieved that the CofE is considering diversity at all! Or, is the point that we think all LGBT people either want to hide themselves away as members, or have already left! I don't think it's possible to support a diversity questionnaire that ignores orientation, particularly given the present debates with the Church!

Posted by Alan Green at Wednesday, 24 September 2014 at 8:08pm BST