Wednesday 16th November 2005
9.15 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
6. LOYAL ADDRESS
The Archbishop of Canterbury to move:
That a Loyal Address be presented to Her Majesty the Queen.
7. PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
The Archbishop of Canterbury will give a Presidential Address
SPECIAL AGENDA I
The items in Special Agenda I will be taken – these are listed below the fold.
2.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
8. REVIEW OF CLERGY TERMS OF SERVICE: Property Issues and Progress Report (GS 1593)
The Revd Preb David Houlding (London) to move:
That this Synod welcome the recommendations in the report and request the Implementation Group to reflect them in the draft legislation which it is preparing.
See list of Questions.
AMENDING CANON NO 24 (Clergy Discipline) (GS 1348B)
Canon for Promulgation
(Finally approved at the November 2000 Group of Sessions)
The Archbishop of Canterbury to move –
500 ‘That the Canon entitled “Amending Canon No 24” be promulged and executed.’
DRAFT DIOCESES, PASTORAL AND MISSION MEASURE (GS 1597)
DRAFT AMENDING CANON NO 27 (GS 1598)
DRAFT VACANCY IN SEE COMMITTEES (AMENDMENT) REGULATION (GS 1599)
Draft Measure, Draft Amending Canon and Draft Regulation for First Consideration
The Bishop of Exeter to move –
501 ‘That the Measure entitled “Dioceses, Pastoral and Mission Measure” be considered for revision in committee.’
502 ‘That the Amending Canon entitled “Amending Canon No 27” be considered for revision in committee.’
503 ‘That the draft Vacancy in See Committees (Amendment) Regulation be considered for revision in committee.’
1. The Business Committee has determined in accordance with SO 68(a) that the draft Vacancy in See Committees (Amendment) Regulation shall be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Standing Orders relating to Measures.
2. If items 501, 502 or 503 are carried, any member wishing to submit proposals for amendment to the revision committee must send them in writing to the Clerk to the Synod so as to reach him not later than 5.30 p.m. on 20th December 2005 (SO 53).
ADMISSION OF BAPTISED CHILDREN TO HOLY COMMUNION REGULATIONS (GS 1596)
Article 7 business
Regulations for approval
The Bishop of Dover to move –
504 ‘That the Admission of Baptised Children to Holy Communion Regulations be considered’.
THE PAYMENTS TO THE CHURCHES CONSERVATION TRUST ORDER 2005 (GS 1594)
Order made under section 53 of the Pastoral Measure 1983
The Bishop of London to move –
505 ‘That “The Payments to the Churches Conservation Trust Order 2005” be approved’.
1. The Church Commissioners have laid the above Order (GS 1594) before the Synod for approval pursuant to the 1983 Measure.
2. The Business Committee has determined in accordance with Standing Order 70(a) that the Order shall be considered on one motion.
3. Amendments to the Order are not in order.
Refer here for additional links to background reports and explanatory memoranda.