House of Laity meeting
David Pocklington of Law & Religion UK looks ahead to tomorrow’s meeting with these Questions for the House of Laity (and the Church), and suggests that members of the House of Laity might ponder the following:
- What will be achieved by holding this debate?
- Is this a responsible use of Church resources?
- Has the issue been discussed in the parishes/deaneries/dioceses other than between members of the House of Laity? If not, on what basis are the views of these groups to be represented?
- What message is the meeting likely send to those outside the Church (and to those within who were not consulted)?
- How does this fit into the bigger picture of: a] the ordination of women into episcopate; and b] synodical governance?
But do read the whole article.